Friday, August 28, 2015

Personal Pin: Family Window

Feelin' artsy?
Me too!
This is such a cool project and I have been wanting to share it forever, but I didn't. Do you care to know why?
It's because I didn't feel like cleaning the glass.
Yup.
I have not mastered dustless living.
Not my strong suite.

So this is really cool and ENTIRELY easy-peesy. (Although it sure helps to have steller friends and a hubby who is not only a total babe, but has a steady hand.)
Here goes:


                                             Our Family Establishment Window. Yay!

We visited some friends once who had an epic plaque with their family name and the date they were married on, i.e.: est.2015.
We were jealous. This was so beautifully done and revered their marriage union and Big Strong Man and I took all that jealously we harnessed within us and got creative.
Enter generous friend.

At some point after we tucked this little plaque into the art room of our hearts (my heart, I take full credit for the chees[iness] as B.S.M. will be less than thrilled with my incuding him here), a friend decided to update all the windows in her home and asked if I had any interest in about 30 random sized windows. ...um, yes!

Around this time I was spending a lot of money and even more time on Vistaprint and played around with the idea of somehow incorporating a window and a sticker. Wa-la! An idea was born!

The sticker on the window above is a window decal meant for a car or business window. It was less than $10 to design and ship (I think, don't hold me to that pricetag!).

If you want to make your own:
Supplies
*A window
(Window may need old paint removed because of possible traces of lead, this one did. It may also need a paint job, this one did.) 
*A window decal
(Keep THIS in mind! You can order your sticker to be sticky one either side- i.e. the side in front of the decal and behind the glass, facing forward, or the side behind decal and on top of the glass. We chose for the decal to be sticky ON TOP and placed it BEHIND our glass so that it would not get destroyed with window cleaner, i.e. vinegar.)
*Cleaner to make that window shine. (You do not want to trap a smudge or fingerprint between the decal and the glass.)
*A steady hand to place the decal.
*Something to hold it up. We have two massive nails/screws in our walls and the window is perched on them. It is stable. This window is heavy and a huge  piece of glass so we wanted to make certain that it was going no where. I would advise that you do the same.

Here is how our wall looks right now:
*Marriage pride, family statement, family values, a cross to keep Jesus as the center of our lives (placed IN THE CENTER), a canvas of our little men, and a monogram M with burlap (#burlaplove).

I am still planning on making a canvas with B.S.M. and my wedding bands/holding hands. Maybe something else, too, like a good quote. We'll see!
Until next time!

This has been a gomommybloggeroriginal! -

No comments:

Post a Comment