Monday, November 26, 2018

One Calling, day 34: 100 Days to Brave (photo collection)

Jeremy Camp.
The Christian artist Annie writes of today?
Jeremy Camp.

I know this because I not only read Annie's books, but I listen to her podcast, That Sounds Fun.
The reason I know it is Jeremy Camp she is referring to is because she offers so many avenues of communication and I heard or read or obtained this knowledge through osmosis. Somehow I know this information.

And today is no different.

Jeremy Camp? Yeah, Annie's friend Jason is his bass player and tour manager. These seem like two entirely different careers, but in both circumstances, Jason keeps everyone in line, in rhythm.

Jesus, likewise, was both a carpenter and the Savior of the World! Jesus takes raw materials and turns them into things that matterWhoa, Annie- that's good!!

Our lives have a main intention, a focus: our calling.

But, whoa, one calling? What is it? And what if I mess it up? How will I know? 
Right?

Here is some refreshing news: 
our one calling has numerous opportunities to shine! 
There are different ways to serve the Lord, 
and we can each do different things.  1 Cor. 12:5 CEV


I think I am a teacher. This is a lovely concept I have heard for years but was often hesitant to grasp. 

Me? A teacher? Remember, my grades in school were horrible...until I went to college and they weren't. 
And, me? The insecure one? Standing before others? Having someone else's education in my hands? How could I?...until I began working with youth and realized I can do this. I can make a positive impact. 
And me? The one who sometimes stutters? Turns out, I enjoy talking, writing, and being vocal- somehow! 

And I am a servant. I mean, kinda. 
It feels impossible not to want to serve: to get the doors and help in the kitchen. To corral the children and to volunteer for that thing

And these callings, teaching and serving, they can unite. They can be the one calling Annie says we have, because, ultimately, it comes down to caring for others
I care, therefore I serve. 
I care, therefore I teach. 
I care, therefore I share. 
I care, therefore I encourage. 

And this is expressed in my life: 
Mentor.
Mother. 
Writer. 
Volunteer.
Leader.
Helper.
Encourager. 


Be Brave: 
Work on writing a thesis statement for your life. 
What would you say is the theme of all the jobs, dreams, 
and opportunities you've had in your life? 









                    
  


No comments:

Post a Comment