Sunday, November 25, 2018

100 Days to Brave: day 33, What Are You Created To Do?

Practice listening.
Listening to God. 

Ya'll, today is a devotion I just don't feel like doing. It has nothing to do with the devotion being unimportant or my not caring, it has everything to do with it being 10:34 pm and past my bedtime. 
But I have this commitment. 
To show up here with the devotional. 
To deliver. 

Allow me to share a secret: I am not good at finishing things. I mean, a good book? I'll devour it. 
But a project? A goal? 
Not. Good. 

This is the main reason that I share this devotion on Facebook: accountability. 
100 days of me showing up. 
Twice it was just after midnight, but it still counts. 

Be Brave: 
Take some time today to listen to God. 
Pray, sit in the quite, and listen. 
Have your Bible and Journal nearby, and see what God has for you today. 

I was good at this. For, like, two months solid. I was reading my devotional, writing in my gratitude journal, keeping accountability with a friend on the Bible app. 
And somehow I stopped. 

So what am I created to do? 
To finish what I start. 
Or at least try. 
And try harder. 

To seek grace and discipline. 
To show up. 

Here is to turning the computer off, prepping for bed and hoping for an early start tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment