Friday, December 14, 2018

Prepare for Change, Day 52: 100 Days to Brave (80's Stars, boots, and Advent day 14)

I love that Annie talks about change, and boots. Ha!
In referencing the changing seasons, she references how the forthcoming cooler weather is equivalent to all things boots. Buy the boots. We need the boots. Always. more. boots.

And we do, right? Buy them. Expect them. Crave them. 

As I read, I smirked because I knew she was right. With two newly purchased pair of boots (cyber Monday, anyone? See my loot below.), Annie pegged me to a T.

When I was a Bible College student living in San Dimas, I dated a really kind, really good looking, really popular guy named E. I was, like, really into him.
E. was raised in Southern California and had only ever experienced snow as an adult! I don't remember the details, I just remember how shocking that proclamation was to this North-Eastern snow-every-winter, kind of gal. 

Related image
Bill and Ted: San Dimas High School football rules!
Indeed.

Unless you live in an area where the seasons don't actually change (*ehem*, So-Cal), you can feel it -literally- as change inevitably approaches. It gets cooler and then cold. Warmer and then hot.
Change comes.


What a great Bible reference Annie has chosen today, Hebrews 13:8: 
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever. 

Jesus is our constant. 

Once upon a time I met a guy named Zephaniah and he was in a Christian band with a girl named Ruth and some other people with less interesting names. They performed at our church's Battle of the Bands, I think they won, and I most assuredly bought one of their cds. I may still own it. 
On the cd, there is a song which cries out,

But God stays, God stays constant. He never fails.  

It's true. Our Constant. Our Rock. Our Alpha and Omega.
I love seeing God like this: Bigger, Better, and so very...not us.
I love that He is not of this world. 
That His nature and understanding and ability is so much greater than our wildest dreams.
I love that.


Be Brave: 
Write a prayer to God, thanking Him that He does not change. 

-----
And BOOTS!
Here are the beauties I got and how you can score them as well! You're welcome!

Image result for so crabapple boots

                                                   SO Crabapple Women's Boots

                            Image result for <Back Womens > Shoes > Boots > Journee Collection Journee Collection April Women's Tall Boots


Advent Day 14: Squirrels! 




No comments:

Post a Comment