Wednesday, December 12, 2018

When Relationships Change, day 50: 100 Days to Brave (Advent, day 12)

I once parked my rear end inside my neighbor's pool and flat out refused to get out. 
Rish and I were friends who were sometimes not friends and on that day, we weren't present friends, you know what I mean?
For whatever reason, I sat there, dignified, as if it was proper and allowed that, although we were not talking, I most certainly could be found lounging in her pool.

It makes me smirk, to think of myself, maybe all of seven years old, sitting there, defiantly.  In part, I want to so congratulate and applaud the brass I had, the cojones. In part, I am blushing at the misguided sass.


Image result for vintage swimming ladies
Here is an actual photo of me in Rish's pool. I am the one defiantly laughing on the right.  Source
Changing relationships are not indigenous to the young alone. As a grown woman, I have had to walk away from relationships which felt toxic, and have, in some terrible cases, been the toxin. 
Let me tell you about the time I sold purses with a home-based business and all the friends I lost during that season. 

Moving away amplifies this.
So does getting married and having children.
Being a Christian in a sea of friends who are not.
Saying no.
Getting divorced.
Death.
Handicaps.
Set-backs.

The list goes on and on. People change. We change. And, because it is natural and normal, sad and healing, relationships change, too.  


Be Brave: 
Do you see a relationship in your life changing? 
Write about it. Ask God to show you where He is in the midst of this change. 

Advent, Day 12: 
More Tree



  



No comments:

Post a Comment