Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Your Words Matter: 100 Days to Brave, day 49 (Advent, Day 11)

You are important. 
You are loved. 
You are a good boy.
You are a child of God.

Every night I pray this over my sons.
I crawl to each son's bed.
I rub each's head.
I kiss each's cheeks.

You are my sunshine. 
My only sunshine. 
You make me happy, 
when skies are gray. 

Growing up, my mother would sing this over my siblings and I.

Words matter. 

Proverbs 18:21 tells us that our tongues have the power of life and death. 
...If there are seeds of courage living in us at all, waiting to bloom, words are the sun and the water that cheer on those seeds to their fullness. 

Words are so very powerful.
In a very silly comparison, Big Strong Man cracks up every. single. time. he sees the Lindour chocolates commercial. They use this expression, Crafted by Lindt's master Swiss Chocolatier.
And he looses it.
Neither he nor I could imagine that this was anything other than an elaborate, blown-up name to express the "difficult work" it must take to taste all that chocolate. #thestruggleisreal
We thoughts the expression was hyperbole.
Baloney.

Turns out that Chocolatier is an actual, legit profession.
Words have meanings. 

Be Brave: 
Who can you encourage today? 
Who needs to know that you are cheering for them? Do it! 





Advent: Day 11
Snow covered branches and an onslaught of birds!


No comments:

Post a Comment