Friday, January 25, 2019

Jerusalem: Day 95; 100 Days to Brave

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels." -Psalm 122: 6-7

In Genesis 12, God promised blessings on those who bless Israel and curses on those who curse her. 

Why is this important? Why Israel? Why would God promise a curse? 
So far as I know, what I remember from Bible college and reading the Bible, God told Abraham -way back in the first book of the Bible- that he would be the father of many great nations, and that he was God's chosen. 

Image result for jerusalem

And, honestly, I struggle with God choosing favorites. 
Like the many -MANY- times when I just don't understand something, and I try to remind myself that I am very unintelligent, and rather meek when compared to a God who is I AM.
He knows all, is all, and somehow holds it all together. 
He is active in this life. 
He cares. 
He is good. So good. 

If the Bible explicitly says to pray for Jerusalem, why would we not? 

Specific items we can pray for when we pray for Jerusalem:

*Peace
*The best way to pray for peace is to pray for the salvation of the people
*Security
*Passion for Jesus
*As far as God is concerned, Jerusalem is at the center of the world.  
*We ask that the fear of the One, True, Living God would fall on Israel’s neighbors…and on Israel. 2 Chronicles 20:29 (annegrahmlotz)
*For integrity in the governmental institutions and for those in positions of responsibility to walk in righteousness
*For the Jewish and Arab believers in Jerusalem to truly love one another, and to love their enemies as well (oneforisrael)

If you are interested, google: how to pray for Jerusalem. Or click on this link, here. I found the articles I cited above on this link and there are so many more!

Although I have never been, Jerusalem is on my bucket list. Floating in the Dead Sea and getting impossibly close to where Jesus stood, those sound like life-altering events to me. The type which make you a better person because you cannot just walk away from a moment like that and not feel some impact. And if a city can offer that, that city deserves some prayer. And, yeah, God said so



   

No comments:

Post a Comment