Friday, February 8, 2019

Cascading Valentine Hearts (craft)



I few years ago, I was encouraged during a MOPS meeting to make a set of cascading hearts for my sons. I had Zeplin and Demetri was in utero, so I made two sets.



The idea is simple: chose a color scheme and cascade the hearts, largest to smallest. I chose a color combination, but ombre would be real nice alternative if you prefer to chose just one color but many shades.

When Thatcher came along, this was one of those crafts I did not want to chalk up as "pre-Thatcher". But, because it brings me SUCH JOY to see this year after year, I knew I would make him one as well.

You can do anything you want on the hearts. To make mine really simple, I only wrote on one heart for each cascade and on it I only placed each boy's name and meanings thereof.


Here they are, hanging above their play area in the living room and overlooking the back yard.

So sweet, simple, and stylish!

Other ideas for the hearts:
pictures!
fun facts about each kiddo
a hand print
a prayer

This is so obviously easy to emulate, I encourage you to make one for each of your children. Also, so that it doesn't loose it's sparkle, consider keeping this packed-up as a "February/Valentine's" decoration so that it always brings a smile to everyone's face when it makes its yearly appearance.

UPDATE: When my sons returned home from school today they wanted to play outside. I usually prefer to stay inside so I parked myself in the window to keep an eye on them while I read. Zeplin and Thatcher were only out there for T-2mins when they noticed the hearts in the window.
And they lit up!

#winning

 

No comments:

Post a Comment