Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Go Mommy Blogger and The Better Mom Devotional, day 10; Our Strong God


I am a Bible College dropout. I'm not bragging-exactly, but for whatever crazy reason, I actually really like the way it sounds.

The truth is that I never expected myself to go to college.
I knew my grades were just terrible and that I had wasted a lot of time time and potential because I had the "poor man's mentality"- what did it matter if my grades and classes were a joke? I was no one going no where. 
 
Wow. That is such a difficult reality to write. But it is truth. It is what I perceived as truth, anyway.

Image result for strong god quotes
source

Flash forward to the fall of my senior year of high school and I was invited to a college for a day- a weekend experience at a Bible college.
I didn't even know "Bible College" was a legit thing until that moment.

Maybe it was the bonfire which was built in the side of the hill and all the students sitting around with acoustic guitars, singing Delirious? songs. Maybe it was the cute guy I had met prior at a separate event. And maybe it was the stirring of the Holy Spirit within me, but I knew -desperately- that I wanted to be there.

And I went.

Flash forward and I was a freshman there.
Once, I walked the perimeter of the giant field at 900 Life Drive listening to the Delirious? Glo album on my portable cd player- the same songs we were singing that night at the bonfire. The cute boy had a girlfriend, and once I got over myself, I was fine. I was there for a different reason- I was there to learn about this God Whom I had only years before begun to adore.

And this meant learning about His many names.

In today's devotional, Ruth shares one such name: Elohim.

It's been too long since I have studied the names of God, but a quick google search brings me to wikipedia. You can read about more names and meanings, here.

Elohim- "Strong One" or "Lord Almighty"

Yes, STRONG ONE, that sounds exactly perfect. Only a STRONG ONE can create, build, and sustain the world as we know it. Only a STRONG ONE can handle all this emotion, all this conflict, and all this love. Only THE STRONG ONE can hold us all in His hand.

I believe that God has this- this life; this moment; you and me. 
Image result for strong god quotes
source

Do you believe that God is strong?
Ruth reminds us that there are those around us -and maybe it is you or me-  and there is struggle.

"Are you struggling to make it as a mom?", Ruth asks. "Are you worried or anxious about the future? Remember, your powerful God is in charge. You and I are limited in our power and wisdom, but He is not. He is Elohim- the Almighty! There is nothing you are facing today that He cannot match with His presence and power." (emphasis mine)

There is nothing.
Always-



No comments:

Post a Comment