Sunday, December 30, 2018

God's Purpose for Your Body, Day 69: 100 Days to Brave

Brave Enough to Pursue Healing
Healing is Often a Choice

Our bodies. We are "going all in", says Annie. 
It was a writing prompt from MOPS and I totally dug it, so I did it. 

A few weeks ago I went to the doctor because I have some gut and acne and weight stuff going on and I wondered if there was something I was (or wasn't) digesting that was causing this. I had hoped for a quick fix. An, Aha! moment and a diagnosis of, "stop the lactose" or "you're gluten free", or something I could work with. 
Instead, I was told keep a food journal and monitor when, what, and how much I eat. Also monitor my body's reaction. 

This worked for me at about the level of 2/10. 
I was unmotivated, unintentional, and uninspired. 
But why? This is my health. 
I know in this case it was because I wanted that quick-fix and didn't receive it. 
I know it was also because I didn't have a lot of my symptoms for some time, and it is only when they are pertinent  and in my face (sometimes literally) that I fuel the "I desperately need to know" card. 
But Annie is so right to write that healing is often a choice. Do I desire healing? Am I willing to work for it? Are you? 

Be Brave: 
We are going all in for the next few days on your health. 
Why? Because only a working body can be a brave body
We have spent time talking about our minds and our spirits, 
so prepare your heart as we dive into talking about our bodies. 
(emph. mine)


No comments:

Post a Comment