Tuesday, January 29, 2019

You Are Brave: Day 99; 100 Days to Brave


Take a good look at God's wonders- they'll take your breath away. -Psalm 66:5 msg

I read this and looked directly at my middle son. He is sitting two feet from me.
Recently I took him to the pediatrician. He has been having hearing issues and I wanted an educated opinion on what steps to take next. The pediatrician confirmed what I thought was likely: he is having hearing issues with both ears.

Man, I love that kiddo. He is a WONDER to me.
My middle son, my most animated, goofy, offspring.
Bliss...and a fierce, strong-will personality, all rolled into one. 

Annie writes this today:
"Your brave choices have ripple effects. Brave people inspire those around them to be brave.

And you know you, just like I know me. All glory for any bravery we exhibit goes straight to Jesus. He is the brave One. He made us. He created and modeled brave. And here we are at the end of our journey, but the start of a new mind-set.

You are braver than you know."

To my Demitri: You are the coolest. You are so handsome, so precious, so cuddly. You are smart and a spitfire. You are independent and needy and all-together perfect. I adore you. 

Your name reminds me that you are the "loudest songbird"- which is ironic with a possible hearing issue...let's wait and see what the Lord makes of this, shall we? 

Your middle name declares that you are a "MIGHTY WARRIOR", and I like to type that in all-caps because I feel the weight of it and I want the reader to as well. 

Warriors are brave, it's in their nature. They have no choice. 

Be Brave: 
"Take that dry-erase marker that you keep in your bathroom now, 
and write this on the mirror: 
"I am braver than I realize. And I will prove it today."

Image result for amy landino
Amy Landino- Google+

I hope this devotional has been motivational to you. It has been to me. Thank you, Annie.
A favorite Vlogger friend of mine is named Amy Landino (be my friend, Amy!).
At the conclusion of her vlogs (Some favorites can be seen here [How to Wake Up at 5AM (Even if You Don't Feel Like It)] and here [How I Plan My Month* Bullet Journal Method) Amy says the same: 
Kiss the Ones you love. 
Continue to go after the life you want. 

Image result for amy landino

This is poignant advice. We can all do well to listen.
Be brave. Go after the life you want.






No comments:

Post a Comment