Monday, June 3, 2019

Go Mommy Blogger and The Better Mom Devotional, day 5; Hiding God's Word In Your Heart

There are two days left of school for my older sons. 
One and a half, actually. 

Today Demitri became an official Kindergarten Graduate. 
He sang a song with his classmates and they all walked in, donning graduation caps they made and fashioned with stickers and crayons. 

We have, slowly, been ending different seasons of organizations and such which we have participated in, most breaking for summer only to begin once again come fall. 

And the break in our schedule, the open days left blank on the calendar, they are refreshing. 

I write this because I see a correlation between having the time, space, ability, and then the means of fulfilling it. Because, surely, there will still be 24 hours in a day with no agenda, just like in those days stock-full. 

Image result for the word of god
source

Hiding God's Word in my heart is something I struggle with. 
It is not for lack of care or concern, not for lack of love and appreciation, but lack of...well....

Well, the truth is that I would just rather...
...get lost in a memoir or Christian Women's literature....
... listen to a podcast....
...sleep in. 

Studying the Bible seems like work. 
And it is.

Perhaps similar is how I am bored after two rounds of hide-and-seek with my sons. There is never enough room for my grown-up body, and in my days, reading God's Word often falls to the "nah, I'd rather not" recitation I so easily regurgitate. 

In today's devotional, I read, "it's easy to forget what is most important." And, back up to this: "We store it [God's Word] in our hearts because it gives us strength."

It's good for us. 
 
I cleaned my house today, taking time to focus on the bathrooms, specifically. While I wiped down the sinks and swept the floors, Annie F. Downs and Pam Tebow spoke to me. While I listened, Pam told Annie how she would take portions of Scripture and turn them into songs for her children. 

How it impacted them. 

And it makes a difference. 
If you, like me, are in a season where, well, maybe you just don't desire to read the Bible all the time (or even every day), there are other ways. 
Ways of singing, 
praying. 

We can all hide God's Word in our hearts. 
Won't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment