Saturday, December 9, 2017

When Life Gives You Pirates, 7 Kisses, Marriage by Proxy

Zeplin joined the Cub Scouts and was in a parade...
Demetri had a notice sent home from Preschool....
Our church held a Trunk-or-Treat and I signed us up...

This year the Cub Scout theme is pirates...
The preschoolers are having a pirates and princesses day ...
And with less than 24 hours before trunk or treat I needed a theme.

Can we say fate?



making pirates out of pumpkins



Zep in the Cub Scout parade


They built a real, working cannon which shot confetti on the judges!



we be pirates... @ Trunk or Treat

we made the kiddos work for their candy...made them walk this plank which was surrounded by Thatcher's little man Stompeez shark slippers 



Zeplin is now seven. SEVEN.
My firstborn!

Every age has it's perks and quirks, and every age is exciting...but how do parents even let their children grow up?
How do they even???!!!
It's crazy!

This is my darling who loves to worship...he dances to his own beat...at church...at the store...in his bed with flowing arm movements and with a sing-songy voice.
My big kid who collects...like...everything.
Rocks
stickers
papers
ribbons
small toys
balls
marbles....
He is uber smart and can count well past 1000...can count be 2s...and 10s...and sing the alphabet backwards. He has already completed his Sparks book in AWANAS and is onto the second book- it is not even Thanksgiving yet!
The kid is passionate about Jesus and prays earnestly and ...is just...beautiful.
So. Beautiful.

Here is his school picture...my buddy.

His name means 
Leader...
Defender of the Meek...
Seeker of the Truth...
Little Warrior...

I know one day he will be too cool for me, but the night before his birthday, he let's me kiss him 6 times before bed, and on his 7th birthday, he let me have 7 kisses.
He gave them, willingly. 
What a darling.

UPDATE: As I prepare to send this post out there, it is currently December 10th. Last night, the five of us went driving around looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music. We stopped at a friend's house for just a moment and her kiddos wanted to come out to the car and say hello to the boys. This friend has 5 children; 4 sons and 1 daughter. The daughter is named Rachel. As we drove around that night, Zeplin announced that he was going to marry Rachel. MARRY HER?? What?? I thought he was going to marry ME! That is want he had been professing for years now...and even a few days ago. But last night it was Rachel. When I asked him if he still wanted to marry me, he wisely responded, "You are old and old people and young people don't actually get married, mom." After one moment more, he declared that he would marry Rachel...or Clara- a girl in his class. "Let me do 'Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe' to decide." After all of that, Clara was the victor. Naturally, this reminded me of London and -my hope for his future bride, Analiese- the daughter of the loveliest woman I know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment