Sunday, February 24, 2019

Create Your 2019 Vision Board, Reset #6 Day 3/4


How to Create your 2019 Vision Board ☀️

Reset Your Life Challenge


Welcome back! Let's jump right in with day three of the "vision board" challenge. You can watch our hostess, Muchelle B., walk us through her day of "vision board-ing", here. You can read Days One and Two of my recap and progress here and here

Or you can jump on in right here, welcome!

I have been really excited to fulfill this project for some time. I collected quotes and have a couple I desperately want hanging up around my home. 

As reminders. 
Inspiration.

For today's portion of the challenge, I am going to share the quotes I know I want and where I plan to place them throughout my house- remember, it is with the intentionality of inspiring vision and purposeful reminders of WHO I am and WHERE I am going

Unfortunately, I will not be working on the art of making these quotes during this posting because, well, No Spend February. (You can get a quick overview of this concept from this great post by Kristen over at Joyfully Thriving. ) 

Quote #1:
Did ya'll just love Friday Night Lights when it aired back in 2006? Yeah, me neither. But I did finally catch the buzz around 2009 and pretty much loved it. 

**DISCLAIMER: there is a LOT of sexual content. On a show about high schoolers....So, ugh.** 
Outside of THAT, the show was fantastic! 

...I think of it as the precursor to Parenthood and This Is Us...so, if you like them...and we all do...then...just saying...Friday Night Lights!

In F. N. L., Coach Taylor, (who is handsome and kind and... the type of coach who makes you want to be a better version of yourself), he has this expression which he says to his football team. If you were a fan of the show, you know exactly where I am going with this. If you have no clue as to what I am referring to, allow me to delight you: 



Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

I think this will be a quote for in our bedroom, where Big Strong Man and I can see daily that we are a team and, with focus and determination, we will make this marriage work. We will win. 


Quote #2:

I referenced this in yesterday's post, but I read a book last year called, Carry-On Warrior. It is a memoir of Glennon Doyle Melton, author of the highly acclaimed (and fantastic!) book, Love Warrior. It was one of my best reads of 2018. (You can see what else I was reading and reviewing, here.) 

In Carry-On Warrior, Glennon drops this little 5-word quote and it has left such an impression on me that a year later, I am still hooked: 

We Can Do Hard Things

And, darn-it, if this isn't really important to remember. 
So much is hard: studies, performance, LIFE. 
But we don't give up, give in, or fall down dead. 
We can do hard things.

This will be in a more visible location, likely the front room where Zeplin and I practice guitar, and the boys do their homework. 

***
Which quotes or phrases have left a resounding impression on you?
A song lyric you sing over and over?
Share yours in the comments for inspiration!




No comments:

Post a Comment