Wednesday, February 20, 2019

How to Set Personal Policies and Boundaries: Mini Life Reset #5, Day 4/4

Day 4, Personal Policies.

Ya'll we have reviewed Muchelle B.'s Personal Policies and Boundaries list on day one.
We listed some personal policies of our own on day two.
Day three was having a plan to set our personal policies in place.
Today we are focusing on our personal policies which demand a resounding, heck yes!

New here? Check out this video by our hostess, Muchelle B., as she walks us through a day in her life focused on personal policies.

Our resounding, Heck Yes!
You know, there are areas in our life which don't need us to grow a more confident voice and the ability to say "no", instead, they require us to advocate for them, making them priority.
These many be obvious: health, rest, fun, etc.

I think it is beneficial to break these down and clarify them.

We have basic needs, all humans do.
Food, drink, rest, LOVE...these are basic.
shelter, clothing, comfort...these are second tier

What I would like to expand on is the third tier, next level.
If all the first and second tier are satisfied, then we move on to tier three.

*My "tiers" are self-created. Here is Abraham Harold Maslow -an American psychologist 's understanding of basic human needs: Needs lower down in the hierarchy must be satisfied before individuals can attend to needs higher up.

Image result for hierarchy of needs
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, Source


On MY tier three, we expand on goals, fun, and self care.

And let me state this: tier three is not selfish! It is vital for life!
If you cannot advocate on your own behalf, then you are living your life for everyone except yourself!

In the last month or so I have been encouraged by different friends and sources to include a self SPA day into my life. Additionally, a WEEKLY RESET.

In both and each scenarios, there is a priority to STOP all the demands of life -even self placed goals- and pause.

Do something to take care of yourself, something a little (or a lot) above and beyond. Do it for your body. This is your Spa Day.

Likewise, a Weekly Reset is an effective way to push pause on everything going on, take a constructive look at your week, and compile a plan to tackle to the best of your ability, resources, and  effectiveness.

Spa Day: Muchelle advocates for this and another great influencer who shares videos about taking care of yourself is Tracey Hensel. In my calendar, I literally added "Spa" on the calendar every other week to remind me to stop, at minimal twice a month, and put on a face mask, do my nails, use a body scrub. Basic self-care and beauty maintenance.
When I see this on upcoming on my calendar (during my weekly reset), I try to be mindful of it all week, figuring out where I can include this into the mix, AND having a time slotted into my week.
Am I watching the Goldberg's with Big Strong Man? I can be painting my nails simultaneously.
Do I have a BONUS HOUR in the day for reading? A face mask and reading work stupendously together.
It's a mentaility of intentionallity.                                 

  Image result for muchelle b      Image result for Tracy Hensel
                     MuchelleB                                                       Tracey Hensel  

                               


Let's return to this BONUS HOUR phenomenon. Although I will schedule in my Spa Day (which is actually not a "day" but a time within the day) for every other Sunday, if I can include "spa time" into my mix during the week, (i.e. when Big Strong Man and I are watching Everybody Loves Raymond) then it frees up that time I had it scheduled for come Sunday and, presto!, bonus time!

Weekly Resets: Again, Muchelle. This is talked about well and much within the sphere of influencers I reach out to. Some online resources you can look into as well include Mel Robbins and Amy Landino.
This weekly reset is an intentional time set aside at the start of a new week. It allows you to plan your week, get an overview of what your expectations, commitments, and goals are, and an overall sense of how busy your week will be. It allows you to prepare for your life.


       Image result for amy landino\  Image result for mel robbins
                      Amy Landino                                             Mel Robbins

During this time, one looks at her schedule, maps out a clear plan for her week and prioritizes what her goals are.

Maybe during the course of this week, I only have one evening free. Every other evening is accounted for. During my weekly reset, I am MAKING A PLAN for that evening- even if the plan is relaxing. By putting a plan into action, I allow myself to take inventory of what I need/want for that time frame and this helps me to be intentional so that I am not later looking back after the evening has come and gone and realize that it was wasted.
Not having a plan means anything goes.

*****
There are countless examples of really, effective, positive, and well-meaning ideals we can set ourselves up for. The key here is likely moderation (just choosing one or two ideals to begin implementing before adding more), as well as selection- not everyone needs to do all.the.things.

The Personal Policy portion of this are the Personal Priorities you adopt
What are some ideals/programs/goals you have set for yourself?       




No comments:

Post a Comment